In terribly sad news out of DC, soon-to-be former Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Tulsi Gabbard revealed that her husband is struggling with bone cancer, and so she needs to step away from her position as DNI to make sure he is properly cared for and she spends time with him as he fights the ravages of the diagnosed cancer.
Such is what Gabbard announced in a letter that was soon spread around on social media, with the president responding by noting that her service has been much appreciated and she had done a wonderful job, but that he has decided she needs to help nurse her husband back to health and that makes sense. The president also revealed her replacement.
Posting about her resignation and sad news on X, Tulsi said, “I am deeply grateful for the trust President Trump placed in me and for the opportunity to lead @ODNIgov for the last year and a half. Unfortunately, I must submit my resignation, effective June 30, 2026.”
She continued, “My husband, Abraham, has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer. He faces major challenges in the coming weeks and months. At this time, I must step away from public service to be by his side and fully support him through this battle.”
Posting about the matter on Truth Social, the president first said that DNI Gabbard has done a great job, indicating that she is leaving on good terms and will not be doing so until the end of June, when things are settled. He said, “Unfortunately, after having done a great job, Tulsi Gabbard will be leaving the Administration on June 30th.”
Summarizing the cancer issue, the president then said, “Her wonderful husband, Abraham, has been recently diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer, and she, rightfully, wants to be with him, bringing him back to good health as they currently fight a tough battle together. I have no doubt he will soon be better than ever.”
Concluding, the president said, “Tulsi has done an incredible job, and we will miss her. Her highly respected Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence, Aaron Lukas, will serve as Acting Director of National Intelligence. President DONALD J. TRUMP”
"*" indicates required fields
In her letter, Gabbard said, “I am deeply grateful for the trust you placed in me and for the opportunity to lead the Office of the Director of National Intelligence for the last year and a half. Unfortunately, I must submit my resignation, effective June 30, 2026. My husband, Abraham, has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer. He faces major challenges in the coming weeks and months. At this time, I must step away from public service to be by his side and fully support him through this battle. Abraham has been my rock throughout our eleven years of marriage standing steadfast through my deployment to East Africa on a Joint Special Operations mission, multiple political campaigns, and now my service in this role. His strength and love have sustained me through every challenge.”
Continuing, she wrote, “I cannot in good conscience ask him to face this fight alone while I continue in this demanding and time-consuming position. While we have made significant progress at the ODNI – advancing unprecedented transparency and restoring integrity to the intelligence community – | recognize there is still important work to be done. I am fully committed to ensuring a smooth and thorough transition over the coming weeks so that you and your team experience no disruption in leadership or momentum.”
Concluding, DNI Gabbard said, “Thank you for your understanding during this deeply personal and difficult time for our family. I will remain forever grateful to you and to the American people for the profound honor of serving our nation as DNI.”
Watch Fox News comment on the issue here:
