According to a recent report, many Brits are “rejoicing” over the fact that Meghan Markle will not be attending the coronation of King Charles III when it occurs on May 6th.
Her not attending was announced by a palace spokesperson, who said, “Buckingham Palace is pleased to confirm that the Duke of Sussex will attend the coronation service. The Duchess of Sussex will remain in California with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.”
A media writer for The Australian, Sophie Elsworth, commented on Meghan’s not attending the ceremony, saying, “I can’t believe that woman is not going because she’s obsessed with herself.” Continuing, Elsworth then said, “She’s obsessed with being in the media and obsessed with dominating headlines, but I think that is a good decision.”
She added that Brits despise Meghan and Harry for what they did to the royal family, saying, “I know when I was there last year in London for the Queen’s Jubilee, people despised him and they despised her. This guy’s done immense damage to the royal family and makes a fortune out of doing it. So shame on him, but hopefully he behaves himself at the coronation.”
So, she said, that dislike of them means that Brits are “rejoicing” that the former actress and current gadfly will be “staying well away” from the coronation ceremony and royal family.
Elsworth also commented on the ex-wife of Prince Andrew and Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, not being invited to the coronation, saying, “People love Fergie. I think she’s a bit of a character of the royal family. Look, she did have a lot of issues when she was married to Prince Andrew. She made headlines for all the wrong reasons. I think people would much rather her get an invite than Meghan Markle, but you know that’s up to them of who they decide and clearly she’s not on the list.”
And while Prince Harry is attending the ceremony, the Daily Mail reported that he’ll be getting the cold shoulder from those there, saying:
Prince Harry will get the cold shoulder from most of his family at the Coronation with Prince William having no plans to speak to his younger brother after his attacks on him in Spare and his Netflix documentary, it was claimed today.
After delicate negotiations, described as a game of ‘transatlantic ping pong’, Buckingham Palace has announced the Duke of Sussex will be at Westminster Abbey on May 6 – without Meghan, Archie and Lilibet, who will remain in California.
Sussex supporters said Harry understood that the Coronation is the biggest day of his father’s life and felt it was right to be present, despite his attacks on the family.
But sources have suggested that other family members – with the possible exception of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie – have no interest in talking with Harry beyond the most basic of greetings, suggesting the event will be even more awkward than Harry clearly feared.
The Mail has reported that while William would never have stopped his brother from attending the Coronation, he had no plans to speak to him. It is understood that his opinion hasn’t changed, although no one is ruling out the possibility – however unlikely – that there could be a gesture of goodwill for their father.
"*" indicates required fields