Rep. Jim Jordan and his allies in the House GOP are demanding answers from the Biden Administration after a Maryland woman was raped and murdered by an MS-13 thug. They did so in a letter to Xavier Becerra, the head of Health and Human Services, writing:
The Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) is charged with the care and placement of unaccompanied alien children referred by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). On January 15, 2023, the police department in Aberdeen, Maryland, arrested , a 17-year-old illegal alien and known MS13 gang member from El Salvador, for the violent assault and murder of 20-year-old Maryland resident Kayla Hamilton. According to press reports, entered the United States in Rio Grande City, Texas, as an unaccompanied alien child and identified a woman living in Frederick, Maryland, as his aunt.
The Biden Administration’s open-border policies have created vulnerabilities that criminal aliens and gang members exploit to the detriment of American citizens. Pursuant to the Rules of the House of Representatives, the Committee on the Judiciary is authorized to conduct oversight of federal immigration policy and procedures. As the Committee continues to conduct oversight of the Biden Administration’s enforcement of federal immigration laws, we ask that you please provide the following materials:
1. All case history information, including but not limited to case file, family reunification packet, as well as any materials provided to HHS ORR by federal agencies such as CBP upon referral and any information provided to HHS ORR pursuant to its request for information from the referring agency.
2. A detailed description of, and related documents regarding, what steps HHS took to establish and verify age.
3. A detailed description of, and related documents regarding, how HHS officials learned of, or were notified of, status as a known member of the MS-13 gang, what the source of that information was, and when HHS first learned of that information.
4. A detailed description of, and related documents regarding, how HHS established and verified, if at all, the familial relationship between and the woman he identified as his aunt.
5. All case materials referring or relating to the vetting of sponsor, i.e., the woman he identified as his aunt.
Please provide this information as soon as possible, but no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 13, 2023.
So, in other words, the MS-13 thug that raped and murdered an American citizen was caught crossing the border illegally. But, instead of being deported, he was kept in the US and transported to Maryland. Once there, he wreaked havoc on the community by raping and murdering an autistic woman.
Fox News Digital reported on the murder to which Rep. Jordan and his allies referred, saying:
On Jan. 15, as the letter notes, Aberdeen, Maryland, police arrested a 17-year-old “illegal alien” and known MS-13 gang member from El Salvador for the violent assault and murder of 20-year-old Maryland resident Kayla Hamilton. Press reports say the suspect entered the U.S. in Rio Grande City, Texas, as an unaccompanied alien child and identified a woman living in Frederick, Maryland, as his aunt.
Hamilton was found raped and strangled to death in a mobile home she recently moved to with her boyfriend, according to local news reports. Her mother, Tammy Nobles, told FOX 45 Baltimore that her daughter has autism but was “working really hard on being independent.”
“He was arrested at the border. They let his aunt come and pick him up and take him back to Fredericksburg Maryland. He shouldn’t be here,” Nobles reportedly said last month.
"*" indicates required fields