Inside sources at Fox News have leaked rumors that, despite being dropped from the network as of this past Monday, Tucker Carlson is still beholden to a contract that would prevent him from undertaking a new media venture until after the 2024 presidential election.
Former Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly, who now hosts her own podcast on Sirius XM, reported on information allegedly coming out of the collapsing “conservative” media company indicating Carlson has yet to reach terms of a complete exit from his contract.
“I want to, I think, break some news for you,” Kelly began on her show. “Tucker Carlson hasn’t actually been fired. He’s still an employee of the Fox News Channel. What happened was Suzanne Scott called him she’s the CEO on Monday morning and said he was not going to be allowed to do any more shows, and that he had been kicked out of his company email.”
“And now they’re going to have to negotiate an exit. Some reporting to me, suggests that, she said it’s going to be an amicable parting. Right, isn’t it?” she continued.
“I’m completely catching Tucker, off guard. But Tucker is not fired. That’s my information, that he still needs to negotiate the exit. And that right now he’s not free to launch a podcast or a digital show or negotiate with other employers at all. Because he’s still under contract,” she suggested for a second time.
Take a look at the clip below.
Tucker still works for FOX…
So, according to Megyn Kelly, a former host on Fox News and possibly the best at getting inside information, is saying Tucker isn’t fired from Fox. That’s not all… listen pic.twitter.com/qHFmuvGgch
— 1776 (@TheWakeninq) April 26, 2023
At this point for Carlson, the proverbial sky is truly the limit for the former host of cable television’s hottest broadcast. Carlson regularly drew over three million nightly viewers and crushed the competition at CNN and MSNBC. While he will no doubt court offers from the likes of OANN and Newsmax, his own viral Twitter video likely proves he has enough name-brand recognition and following to strike out on his own.
In truly epic fashion, Carlson released a video – the first public response offered since the shocking news of his Fox cancellation – which garnered tens of millions of views almost instantly. People want to hear what Tucker Carlson has to say. And by extension, they will no doubt pay for it.
Carlson could branch out on his own and follow in the steps of Megyn Kelly, for example. He could also field offers from other conservative media outlets, but just as with Fox the possibility of being constrained would no doubt loom over him.
Kelly had a lot more to say on her show, as she addressed speculations about why Fox would let their top host go and also addressed the troubles with filling his massive shoes.
“It’ll be interesting to see what the ratings were for the APM hour last night, Brian Kilmeade hosted it. It’s a rotating cast for now,” Kelly noted on her podcast. “And we’ll see what they decide to do their stuff, Brian’s fault. I mean, here’s Brian, FYI, here. Here he is, in a moment where he is kind of acknowledging what happened. I’ll just play the 14 seconds.”
“Hi, everybody, and welcome to Fox News tonight. I am Brian Kilmeade. As you probably have heard, Fox News and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. I wish Tucker the best. I’m great friends with Tucker, and always will be,” the fill-in host can be heard saying.
"*" indicates required fields